Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back to School

So Anna started a new school on Tuesday. I think that she was probably quite a bit unsure of the situation since she didn't sleep at all the night before. The first thing she said to Chad as he got her out of bed was, "I don't want to go to school." The morning was dramatic, but not quite as bad as I had feared. We made pancake faces for breakfast, complete with a hairbow and bacon hair that was supposed to look like Anna, in the hopes of making her more excited about the day. It worked and she was getting excited about going to school. She was a bit nervous when we first arrived, but excited to see other children she knew. Check out her facial expressions with Ms. Dona...you can see her nervousness. Anyways, I picked her up and she told me she had the funnest day ever. She loved school!!! What a relief! Wednesday she was asking to go to school and she was sad when I said no...this has NEVER happened. Today I thought I would get started dropping her off in the carpool line instead of walking her in, and she didn't even look back at me! All I could see was her big backpack (that she picked out herself and is extremely excited about) walking away. I think I was a little sad, but so proud of her at the same time. What a big girl...




1 comment:

Britney said...

I love the picture of her with the teacher! That look says it all...