Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Kindergarten orientation and the FIRST DAY!

I can't believe that the summer is over, and Anna just started kindergarten! There were nervous tears mixed with quite a bit of excitement. We were so excited to meet the teacher, Mrs. Edmonds. She actually won teacher of the year last year! We also have a second teacher in the classroom, Mrs. Zsuppan, and I feel so lucky to have 19 children and two teachers! They seem like a great team, and we are looking forward to a wonderful year. Here are a few pics from orientation day and the FIRST DAY! :)

Orientation day: Half of the class went for a shortened day! It was a great way to get used to the classroom. She wanted to wear her dress that she wore the first day or school last year to remind her of her St.Mark's friends! She came up with that...I had another outfit picked out...it was kind of sad and sweet at the same time! :)

Our obligatory first day of school breakfast...pancakes with faces!


A little nervous...notice the razorback tattoo on her arm. She had put it on herself and wanted to wear it...I gave in and figured that it was a good conversation starter! :)



The real FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!


We walk to school and walk home! It is such fun!


The first day of school after school snack...cupcake!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Sounds awesome Anna! Everyone looks great, love the happy report in your new home. These are really good pics of you, you look fabulous!