Monday, April 11, 2011

Pancakes+Pearls+Pajamas+Pedicures=PARTY!!!

Awhile back I saw an adorable idea for a party...pancakes and pearls! Anna LOVED it and we decided this would be her next birthday party! We invited all of the girls from her class plus a few other little friends. Luckily we had 3 UNC students come and help out! (One of our AWESOME babysitters and her friends!) It turned out to be a fun little party! My first one to do without any family here...they were missed!!!

Would you believe that Chad made 80 small pancakes and 12 little ladies ate them all??? We also had fruit kabobs and mini muffins...plus berries, sparkly syrup and homemade whipped cream to top the pancakes. The girls made bracelets, rings and necklaces while they took turns getting a pedicure. I think they loved decorating flip flops the best with all of the "bling"!

We also had cupcakes and cake pops (aka "pearl pops") for dessert... It was my first attempt at cake pops, but I think I learned a few tricks for the next time. They were delicious, but some were certainly better looking than others! At least they were sparkly! :)

Anna had so much fun celebrating with her friends here! That was the best part!







Even Henry wanted a pedicure...he decided on blue polish...this could be a possible funny picture someday...


Pedicure station AKA Spa d' Anna




No comments: